There are many ways to add novelty and motivation to your workouts at home. Here are just a few resources to consider. We’ll keep adding to this list as more opportunities become available.
Getting Started (or Started Again)
If you’re pulling out a RowErg from storage, dust it off and get rowing! Read our maintenance tips for getting your erg in shape.
The Concept2 Online Logbook is where you’ll find our community. Record your workouts, rank your best efforts, or join a challenge.
Don't know where to start with your workouts? We'll point you in the right direction with these introductory workouts.
You might feel like mixing in other movements when using your Concept2 erg, so we came up with our favorite body weight workouts—no other equipment needed besides your RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg. If the workout lists a specific erg, no worries. Any erg can be substituted in for the workout you choose.
Look for workouts posted to our social media channels regularly.
We’re actively filling up the Concept2 Facebook feed with resources for training, coaches, and live training sessions. Follow us for updates.
The Concept2 Instagram feed also features lots of timely resources saved in the pinned stories.
Connect with other Concept2 users and share your workouts, training tips, and achievements, or just see what our community is up to. Check out our new Facebook group: Concept2 Community.
There are many other organic social media groups that have regular challenges and workouts. We don’t manage them and therefore don’t have any specific recommendations, but if you look around for more community options you will find them!
Concept2 offers a free podcast, As The Flywheel Spins. Coach Cady Hart-Petterssen guides you through entire workouts. With over 53 episodes (and new ones being created) there is always something fresh.
**Hot tip! Set up a video conference with a friend and do the workout together.**
You can also see what apps are compatible with Concept2 equipment that may help with your training goals. Many apps are offering free trials or waiving joining fees; now is a great time to download these apps and software.
Sign up and we’ll email you a Workout Of the Day (WOD) so you always have a workout to look forward to.
Our Motivational Programs
Check out our annual calendar of online challenges that will keep you going all year long. Many of our challenges reward consistency and total meters instead of speed, giving an extra incentive to work out regularly.
And while you're at it, make those meters count and join the ranks of thousands of people who have completed one million meters or more in our Million Meter Club. For over thirty years we have been acknowledging—and rewarding—those who complete a million meter milestone. It doesn't matter how long it takes you. We got distance clubs for kids, too!
Rowing teams who are separated from their teammates and boathouses have ways to share workout results. Here’s how to stay connected to your Training Partners.
Our newest challenge, the Concept2 2020 Spring VIII Series, is a virtual team challenge that allows athletes to compete as a crew of eight from the comfort of their own homes. Team captains create one or more boats and choose their teammates. There is a different workout each week for five weeks starting April 6.
Phys Ed Class at Home
Incorporating math plus exercise while learning to use a family log or spreadsheet? It may just equal fun!
Parents who are homeschooling their children at home can take advantage of the equipment they own. We offer ways to set up your RowErg for kids and here are a few kid-friendly workouts, suitable for all ages and abilities.
Looking for a creative way to keep the kids (and you, too) active? Play Bingo!
Rowing Workouts From our Friends and Community
- Club Row streams workouts.
- Dark Horse Rowing offers a range of courses.
- Enjoy this workout with Kiwi Pair rower Eric Murray.
- FitTown Remote offers online, full-body functional fitness classes that incorporate the Concept2 RowErg, BikeErg and SkiErg along with barbells, dumbbells, boxes, and more. FitTown takes care of the clock, music, and coaching so you can focus on your workout. Try a 2-week free trial and ask about special offers for Concept2 customers.
- British Rowing offers the Go Row series. Follow along to their video workouts.
- Live2Row offers a free two-week trial.
- Regatta Fitness provides video classes for you to follow along.
- Rowgatta On-Demand offers high-intensity, low-impact workout classes for wherever you are, whenever you want, with whatever equipment you have. Try it out with a free 7-day trial.
- Take advantage of rowing workouts tailored to you by RowHard.
- Row House Go streams some group classes.
- SCULLHOUSE Rowing offers live and on demand virtual classes led by a former Canadian national team rower and current Concept2 world record holder in the 24-hour event. Use concept2free at checkout to get your first class free.
- Work out with Sam Wonderlin of USRowing with her Stay Home Sessions.
- TopRow is offering a free 30-minute Zoom session to refine your RowErg technique. Email email@example.com for details.
- UCanRow2 Master Instructors offer live online coaching and classes throughout the week. Find classes at all levels and not only get in a sweat, but learn how to carry it forward into your next row.