This short video shows you a demonstration of the tasks involved in regular Concept2 RowErg maintenance.
DailyWipe the monorail with a cloth or non-abrasive scouring pad after use. You can use soap and water or any glass cleaner. Do not use mineral acids, bleach, or coarse abrasives.
Every 50 Hours of Use Weekly for Institutional UsersLubricate the chain with a teaspoon of purified mineral oil, 3-IN-ONE® oil, or 20W motor oil. Apply oil to a paper towel, and rub the paper towel along entire length of chain. Wipe off the excess. Repeat if needed. Do not clean the chain with any kind of cleaner or solvent, e.g. WD-40®.
Every 250 Hours of Use Monthly for Institutional Users
- Inspect the chain for stiff links. If stiff links are found, and if thorough lubrication does not help, replace the chain.
- Inspect the chain-handle connection for wear. If the hole has become elongated, or the U-bolt is worn halfway through, replace the entire connection.
- Tighten the shock cord if the handle does not return all the way to the fan enclosure. See Shock Cord Adjustment.
- Check screws for tightness, including those used for assembly.
- Check for dust inside flywheel with a flashlight. Vacuum if needed. See the Flywheel Opening and Cleaning instructions.