At concept2.com, you can create a free online logbook for storing your metres and participating in online challenges. To save you from having to hand-key your results into your online logbook, you can use this option to upload your result data directly to your online logbook.
To use this option, you will need a working internet connection, an online logbook at concept2.com, and one of the following:
- A USB flash drive or a LogCard with results on it
- A PM5 with results in Memory
We also recommend having your online logbook username, password and Ranking ID handy before using this option. Your Ranking ID is your unique identifier in our online logbook database. You can find your Ranking ID by logging into your online logbook, clicking the person icon on the upper right corner of the screen and clicking Profile.
- Establish an internet connection.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the Concept2 Utility, and then run it.
- On the main Concept2 Utility screen, click Upload/Transfer Results. If your device is already connected to your computer, skip to step 6.
- Select the type of device on which your results are stored.
- Attach the device you selected in the previous step to your computer, as applicable:
- Insert your USB flash drive into your computer
- Attach your PM5 to your computer using a standard USB cable
- Connect your PM or card reader to your computer and insert your LogCard into it
- Select Upload to Online Logbook. The utility will read the device.
- When the utility has read the device, you should see a list of all the results saved for the user on the USB flash drive or PM5 memory or a list of all the LogCard Users and their results from the LogCard (each LogCard can have up to five users). If the information next to your name is an ID number followed by your ranking username, then you've already linked your online logbook to the Concept2 Utility for the purposes of uploading data. If the Ranking ID and username is incorrect, or if "Click to Log In" appears next to your name, you will need to link your online logbook. Note: Because PM5 Memory does not store your username or Ranking ID, you will need to link your online logbook every time you want to upload your results from the PM5 Memory. To create the link:
- Click Click to Log In. The Concept2 Utility displays the Link Your Online Logbook window.
- In the Username field, enter the user name you use to log into your online logbook at log.concept2.com.
- In the Password field, enter the password you use to log into your online logbook at log.concept2.com.
- Click Get Ranking ID. If you have entered your user name and password correctly, the utility will retrieve and display your Ranking ID. Verify that the Ranking ID retrieved matches the Ranking ID from your online profile. If it doesn't, or if you cannot create the link, contact Concept2 for assistance.
- Click OK.
- The utility compares the result data it read from your device with the results you have already posted in your online logbook. It grays out any results that are already in your online logbook, so that a duplicate isn't uploaded.
- For each result you want to upload, make the appropriate selections in the S, D and LWT columns, as follows:
- Check the S (Slides) column if the workout was done using Slides on a Model A, B, C, D or E Indoor Rower.
- Check the D (Dynamic) column if the workout was done on a Dynamic Indoor Rower.
- Check the LWT (Lightweight) column if your weight class for this result was lightweight. (
- For each result you want to upload, click the checkbox to the left of the result. (To quickly select all eligible results for a user, click the checkbox to the left of the user name.)
- Click Upload Results.
Note: Following an upload from a PM5, results will remain in PM5 Memory unless you delete the results from the monitor itself.